- Posted by adminsolar
- On July 6, 2018
- 0 Comments
- solar company Erie
At present, we still get our electricity from non-renewable sources such as gas, oil, and coal. These sources have a great negative impact on our environment. It is good to know that recently, there has been an increasing interest in using the power of the sun as a source of energy. Nowadays, more and more homes are switching to using this energy to power their appliances. You can also do this. With the help of a good solar company in Erie, CO, you can install panels at home that can capture the sun’s energy and transform it to electricity that you can use on your day-to-day activities.
Before you do this, it is important to understand the sun as a power source. The sun can produce massive amounts of energy every day. It has produced a lot of energy since billions of years ago. Now, we have the tools and facilities to capture this energy so we can use it to power our homes. The great thing about this is that it is a purely clean energy. Harnessing the sun’s power does not have any harmful byproducts. It does not cause any kind of pollution. It does not require a lot of water to run. Therefore, it is becoming a more enticing source of electricity and heat.
Furthermore, aside from the savings you can get from using the sun’s energy as source of electricity at home, you can earn from it using the incentives provided by the government. You can also earn more if you have excess energy and you give it back to the grid.
Here are some other useful facts about the sun as a source of energy.
1. This energy source is free and it comes abundantly. The power of the sun can be harnessed in any area that the sun shines. You can be connected to the grid or not, and you can still harness solar power.
2. The power from the sun comes from its radiant heat and light. It can be captured using advanced technologies including photovoltaic, solar heating, artificial photosynthesis, and thermal electricity.
3. We receive about 174 Petawatts of energy from the sun every day. About 30% of it gets reflected back into space. The rest remains on earth, and we can harness this for power instead of it just getting absorbed by the oceans, clouds, and land areas.
4. The power of the sun has been used for a long time for another purpose called photosynthesis. Plants use this energy as food, which is their daily sustenance. Meanwhile, green plants transform it to chemical energy that produces biomass, which leads to fossil fuels.
5. The power from the sun is the latest way to transform energy and electricity. It is a green source of energy and can provide a home huge savings in the long run.